Monday, August 13, 2007

Words from the mouth of a child

The toy promised to Joseph when in the ER.



















Doctor Noah picks out a toy too!




So, Joseph is on an antibiotic. He is acting out of character. He doesn't hear a word I say. He can't sit still and... well, he's just acting quite naughty to say the least. The problem is that I don't want to discipline him. I feel so sorry for him and I know it's the drugs causing him to be this way. So, I've been looking through my parenting handbook to try and find the answer. Oh, wait! There's no such thing is there? HELP!!! 4 more days of this!!!

Here is a segment I've titled
"Words from the mouth of a child"

True stories:

Last night David was lying in bed saying prayers with Joseph. Joseph said “Daddy, maybe you were saying the wrong prayers and that’s why I got run over by the golf cart.” David said “Oh no Joseph. Jesus was watching over you!” Joseph said “Well, maybe he didn’t see me then.”
Tell me that doesn't break your heart!

At the grocery store the check out clerk asked Joseph what happened to him. As he told her the story he showed her every mark and bruise on his body. At the end of the story he very quickly turned around and attempted to pull down his pants to show her his bruised up bottom. I told him that she would be fine not to see his bottom. As we walked away the woman said "Bye, Bye Joseph. Nice to meet you" to which Joseph replied "Bye, Bye sweet honey!"
Such charm!

A while back Joseph ran up to me and slapped me on my back side. I said "Joseph, did you just spank my bottom?" Joseph said "No, Mommy. I was just giving your bottom a high five!"
Yes, I know. He's my child.

Last but certainly not least. We were at the mall and the boys had each gotten a cookie. They were free cookies given to the kids. Since no one would share, I stopped at the cookie store to get one for myself. Noah said to me "I want a cookie" and I said "You've already got a cookie Noah!" At that point I looked at Joseph and he had this little twinkle in his eye. He said "I want a cookie Mommy!" I said "Joseph, I know you had a cookie, what have you done with it?" He then held out his hands to show that he had no cookie. I said "Joseph, where did your cookie go?" At that, he turned around and tucked in his butt cheeks (outside of his clothing) was his cookie!
It's funny how I can feel you laughing at me now. I think we've established the point that this kid is a lot like his Mommy.
His ear looks awsome today!














Joseph still shows favor to this leg.

No comments: