Monday, July 28, 2008

Cockman's in Nebraska




We are 6 days into our 3 week trip to Nebraska. Today is the first day I've had time to get on the computer. It has been non-stop family, friends, parties and fun! The kids are starting to settle into mid-west living and I am certainly glad to be home. It's amazing how fast you fall into a new routine and how easy it is. I was a little scared to be gone for such a long time and now I wish I would have made the trip even longer. I've been away from NE for 9 years! It's about time I spend a little more time here....giving my kids a sense of where I'm from. They love the constant attention and everyone here is glad to give it. Memories from my childhood that I thought were long gone are flooding in like a river.



We're going swimming every day and boy can you tell! Joseph has turned into the fish that I was! He's swimming like a pro and looks like he's ready to race. Noah has made several attempts to take his floaties off. A few times he succeded. He took them off and jumped into the water (over his head) and swam to the side. Just like that. HELP! They're growing so fast. Joseph has made some neighborhood friends. He even found one that looks just like him. My dad bought him a bike to ride and they've been going on evening rides through the neighborhood. When I was gone the other day, they road their bikes to the gas station to get some candy (just like we used to) and then went to a pond to search for fish. It brought tears to my eyes as he talked with excitement about riding in the street and using his bike to get from place to place. I realized then, that as long as we make a better effort to get the kids to NE, they'll be able to experience some of the things I did as a kid. It makes me feel more complete as a mother to give them some of these experiences. Here are a few pictures of our trip so far. I hope you're all having a great summer and staying cool!
!

3 comments:

Melissa Cockman Photography said...

Jess, I'm so happy you guys are enjoying your time at home. There really is NO PLACE LIKE HOME, and I pray you cherish every moment with your boys....

All my love,

~Melissa~

Crystal Cross said...

Thanks for sharing. Im glad ya'll are having fun. :-)

Sarah said...

Whoo, girl, you are DARK!...and the hair is looking gorgeous!

Glad you're getting to have such a nice long visit; there's nothing like going home....